Eddie Ahern has been found guilty of three breaches of British Horseracing Authority rules following a disciplinary inquiry into alleged corruption.
The Group One-winning jockey was charged with conspiring to commit a corrupt or fraudulent practice in relation to the laying of five horses between September 2010 and February 2011.
He was also accused of intentionally failing to ensure Judgethemoment was ridden on its merits at Lingfield in January 2011, and of passing information for reward. Ahern has been found guilty of all charges.
Former West Bromwich Albion football Neil Clement faced charges relating to the five races Ahern rode in and also the laying of Hindu Kush, which he then owned, when that horse finished last of six at Kempton in February 2011.
Clement has been found guilty of conspiring to commit a corrupt or fraudulent practice, of placing a lay bet on a horse which he then owned, and of a failure to provide phone records. A hearing to determine the penalties for both Clement and Ahern will be held this afternoon.
The most serious breach against Ahern was his failure to ride Judgethemoment on its merits at Lingfield on January 21, 2011. The Jane Chapple-Hyam trained gelding finished last of seven runners in a two-mile handicap, having been well clear at the halfway stage.
Ahern's counsel, Jonathan Harvie QC, accepted his client had rode "an ill-judged race", but denied he had engaged in a deliberate attempt to destroy Judgethemoment's chances by going off too fast. Ahern's explanation for the ride was that he misjudged the pace and did not realise he was so far ahead.
A BHA disciplinary panel said it "could not accept that a jockey of Ahern's experience, especially on the all-weather at Lingfield, could have made an error of such an extent".
The BHA said Clement's wagers against Judgethemoment included a spread bet, in which he risked a maximum loss of �41,500 to win what was in the end �8,500.
Telescope was eased in the betting for the Investec Derby at Epsom on June 1 after a "workmanlike" gallop before racing at Lingfield on Wednesday.
The Sir Michael Stoute-trained colt worked over seven furlongs with two stablemates to help compensate for missing his intended prep run in the Dante Stake at York last week. He is making up for lost time after grazes he sustained on his legs became infected.
The Highclere Thoroughbred Racing-owned three-year-old will now face a make-or-break gallop at Newmarket on Saturday to determine whether he runs in the Derby.
Stoute, who supervised Telescope's work at Lingfield, said: "We felt it was more of workmanlike display. He's worked with these horses this spring and has been more impressive than that. I felt that he didn't really switch off - even cantering down he was just taking a bit of a tug.
"Hopefully it will do him the power of good to get back to the racecourse as it's been a long time. We will see what today has done for him, mentally more than anything else. We'll work him on Saturday and chat again."
Telescope worked alongside stablemates Commend and the 95-rated Opinion at the Surrey venue. The Ryan Moore-ridden Derby aspirant was keen to get on with it from the outset and galloped to the front two furlongs from home before crossing the line ahead of Opinion, and then Commend.
Highclere racing manager Harry Herbert told At The Races: "Anyone watching that, especially those who have seen the horse work in the spring, would say he lacked that usual zip. He hasn't put in a performance that was as good as had been hoped. I suspect this is a combination of tongue-over-bit and freshness.
"'Workmanlike' is the right word for it. Ryan said it wasn't as good as he'd hoped. The final piece of work on Saturday is obviously going to be critical. The clock is ticking. We will see what his piece of work is like on Saturday before deciding whether to go all out for Epsom or not.
"While this may have been disappointing, I suspect there might have been a reason for it. No horse is going to work properly with the tongue over the bit, hopefully we'll see the real Telescope on Saturday and the dream will still be alive."
The son of Galileo sprang towards the forefront of the Derby betting after he won a strong Newmarket maiden last September, but was eased by Coral to 8-1 (from 7s) for the premier race of the Flat season.
German challenger Chopin will be supplemented for the Investec Derby at Epsom on June 1.
Considered as the best three-year-old in his homeland, he was bought by Sheikh Fahad Al Thani after winning his last race by eight lengths and will be ridden by Jamie Spencer, who recently went to Dusseldorf to partner the colt in a piece of work.
The owner's racing manager David Redvers said: "The plan is definitely to supplement him and he will run. His form was given a major boost on Monday when the horse he beat easily last time out (Global Bang) was just touched off in the German Guineas."
He went on: "Chopin is in very good shape but we decided not to take him to the Breakfast With The Stars at Epsom because it's only 10 days before the race. For the French horses, they can be back in their stable in four hours but it's a much more drawn out journey back to Germany.
"It was considered it would be too unsettling for him so he'll come over the day before the Derby.
"We think he'll act on any ground. At Dusseldorf the other day it was soft which wasn't perfect for him as he has a low, flat action. We're sure he'll cope well with decent ground.
"His trainer Andreas Wohler might not be that well known here, but he trained Lomitas (who won several Group Ones) and has won all sorts of good races in France. It never even crossed our minds to send the horse to anyone else when we bought him.
"We think he adds a bit of spice to the race. The Derby trials were slightly underwhelming in that nothing stood out, so much so that Dawn Approach hardened as favourite.
"In a normal year, a Guineas winner stepping up in trip would have plenty of dissenters but this year, maybe because of the opposition, people seem to think he'll stay. There's also Aidan O'Brien who we respect massively.
"It will be great to be involved but make no mistake, we are not running him just to have a runner, we think an awful lot of this horse."
Jamie Spencer is likely to adopt different tactics on Havana Gold in Saturday's Tattersalls Irish 2000 Guineas at the Curragh.
Richard Hannon's colt ran a blinder in the French equivalent, hitting the front inside the final furlong before eventually being run out of it into fifth.
However, he made up plenty of ground at Longchamp and connections are dreaming of claiming a Classic double this weekend, with Just The Judge running in the same colours in the 1000 Guineas.
"Havana Gold should be right in the mix," said David Redvers, racing manager to owner Sheikh Fahad Al Thani.
"He simply hit the front too early in the French Guineas and pulled himself up in front.
"This time he'll be ridden differently, probably in typical Jamie Spencer fashion, in the aim of putting his head in front right on the line."
First Cornerstone is set to make his seasonal bow in the Classic after a bad scope forced him to miss an intended run earlier.
Maarek is likely to take his chance in the Weatherbys Greenlands Stakes at the Curragh on Saturday, rather than make the trip to Haydock for the Betfred Temple Stakes on the same day.
The six-year-old made great strides last term, culminating in victory in the Group Two British Champions Sprint at Ascot last autumn. He was a winner for trainer David Nagle on his seasonal bow in a Listed race at Naas but finished a narrow fifth to Society Rock in the Duke of York Stakes last week.
With Maarek relishing testing ground and the going at Haydock currently good, Nagle prefers staying closer to home this week, with the longer trip at the Curragh also in his favour.
He said: "We are leaning towards the Curragh at the moment as showers are forecast before the weekend and he would prefer the six furlongs there over the five furlongs in Haydock."
First Mohican could be heading to Ireland for his next run after his success at York last week.
The five-year-old was compared to Frankel in his early days on the Warren Hill gallops but injury has hindered his progress.
His only defeat to date came in last season's November Handicap where he was a beaten 3-1 favourite, but Sir Henry Cecil has earmarked the International Stakes at the Curragh next month, won by Famous Name in three of the last four seasons, as a likely port of call.
"First Mohican has gone up to 108 so he is still eligible for some handicaps," said his owner Henry Ponsonby.
"If he went to Ascot there'd be the Wolferton over 10 furlongs or the Duke of Edinburgh over a mile and a half but Sir Henry is happy to keep him to 10 furlongs for now I think.
"I think he'll probably head for the International Stakes on June 28 at the Curragh.
"Henry said he'd need the race at York so we weren't very confident but he won well in the end.
"As he's five now, he'll be heading to Alan King to go hurdling in the winter as he'll be six in January."
Francois Doumen is leaning away from asking Top Trip to contest the Ascot Gold Cup.
The four-year-old was beaten by the narrowest of margins when Glen's Diamond nosed him out in the Yorkshire Cup last week.
While Doumen has no doubt that in time Top Trip will be mixing it at the highest level in the staying races, he feels asking a four-year-old to run over two and a half miles may be too much too soon.
"At the moment I have no plan, I'm not determined to run him at Ascot," said Doumen.
"I'll see what is left in at the next stage but I'm just annoyed with the weather at York - the lack of sun cost me a win!
"Instead of the Ascot Gold Cup there is a Group Two in France, the Prix Maurice de Nieuil (Longchamp, July 13), so maybe we won't go this year.
"There is no problem with him but I've never seen him looking so cold as he did at York and I'm sure that's why he didn't win, but there's nothing we can do about the weather.
"He's definitely capable of winning races of that nature, and as he gets older, he'll mature but we'll look after him this year."
Princess Highway's disappointing reverse at Naas last Wednesday was blamed on her being in season.
Last year's Ribblesdale Stakes heroine was an odds-on shot to make a successful return in the Blue Wind Stakes, but she could finish only third behind Euphrasia.
Stan Cosgrove, for owners Moyglare Stud, said: "She was definitely in season, no doubt about it. Pat (Smullen, jockey) knew entering the stalls that she wouldn't win - she was too quiet. At least there was an excuse and we can move on."
Trainer Dermot Weld still has Princess Highway entered in the Tattersalls Gold Cup at the Curragh on Sunday in which he would have to compete against Camelot.
Cosgrove said: "She's entered at the weekend, but we've not finalised anything for certain just yet."
Style Vendome, winner of the French 2000 Guineas at Longchamp, will not run in the French Derby on Sunday week.
Trainer Nicolas Clement feels the mile-and-a-quarter trip in the Chantilly Classic would stretch the colt's stamina to the limit.
Style Vendome, who has impressively won his last five races, could instead head to Royal Ascot for the St James's Palace Stakes over a mile.
Clement said: "He is very well and is a happy horse.
"He has put on all of his weight after Longchamp and now has two options.
"We have yet to decide, but he could go to Ascot or the Jean Prat (Chantilly, June 30). Those are two good races which would suit him very well.
"He is not going to the French Derby as there is still a question mark about his stamina."
James Clutterbuck, son and assistant to Newmarket trainer Ken Clutterbuck, has lodged an appeal against a two-and-a-half-year ban from racing.
Clutterbuck was found guilty by the British Horseracing Authority of passing on inside information on March 9, 2011 when Stoneacre Gareth, trained by his father, finished fourth in a seven-furlong handicap.
The BHA said Clutterbuck entered a guilty plea on a factual basis, which was accepted. James Clutterbuck's solicitor, Keith Lobo, of London-based St John Legal, said his client will contest the severity of the suspension.
A statement issued by Mr Lobo to Press Association Sport read: "Mr Clutterbuck was heard in advance by the BHA and separately from the other respondents having admitted to an innocent breach of the rules.
"There was no question of Mr Clutterbuck having received any financial reward or having acted dishonestly.
"Upon receipt of the admission and hearing submissions in mitigation, the BHA decision was to disqualify my client for 30 months without any fine being imposed.
"Although we will in due course be making an application for dispensation in any event to enable Mr Clutterbuck to renew work within the industry as soon as possible, following advice and in light of previous authorities he has decided to appeal the decision.
"In my view, keeping in mind that his breach was innocent, that his role was relatively innocuous, his exemplary record and the case authorities referred to, the 30-month period is extremely harsh.
"He stands a good chance of a reduction to that period on appeal. The appeal has been lodged and we are currently waiting for a hearing date."